Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Holy S#@t, good thing I had beer.
View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2008, 06:45 PM   #1
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default Holy S#@t, good thing I had beer.

So, I bought a trials tire to run on the rear of my 300. Benefits are higher traction most everywhere (Except mud and loam) and they do less damage on the trails.

From what I read, it is best to mount your trials tire dry as they get enough traction to spin on the rim (even with rim locks); any moisture left over only makes things worse. Anyhoo, I bought a MRP tire changing stand (worth every penny-Can Be Seen HERE ), new tires and tubes and went to town.

After I got the old tire off, I got rid of the old rim tape, used brakekleen to clean the rim and wrapped a couple of loops of duct tape over the spoke heads. Let me tell you, the combination of a clean, dry rim and a new dry tire makes for a fantastic experience ( if taking 30 minutes to put a tire on a rim counts ). After I muscled it into place, it took 80 psi to set the bead. :tonka:

My arms are shot. BTW, with the MRP stand and soapy water, it took me a little over five minutes to do the front tire.

Page generated in 0.05774 seconds with 20 queries