Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - The new 6.4L PSD's
View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2008, 08:38 PM   #27
chevycummins

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Last night I was surching on my computer for 6.4l stuff and found a ford chat page. I thought it would be alot of people talking about how cool there new 6.4l is but instead it was mostly complaints about fuel economy and dealer service. On one of the first pages someone asked if anyone does oil samples on there trucks. He did a sample on his truck and found it had high fuel percent in the oil. A couple of other people said they would take a sample from there trucks and have it tested. A few pages later they responded with a similar percent of fuel in there oil also. Then other people started to respond that had the same complaint. One person said he has that same oil dilution problem and he is on his third engine already. The dealer he goes to really had no good answer on what is going on with the engines. The chevy duramax engine code lb7 had the fuel injectors inside the engine also and I did lots of injectors under warranty for drivability problems including fuel in the oil. On the duramax the pcv system was not a closed system so when the oil/fuel mixture got high enough it would blow out the vent tube on the front of the engine and make a big mess. Customers knew they had a problem then. A few years later the engine had a redesign and the injectors were moved outside the engine which cut labor times way down on injector replacement and diagnosis. Also the pcv system could be a closed system then because if injectors or high pressure fuel lines leak it would not go into the oil and cause the engine to overspeed and blow up. I still have not found out for sure if the 6.4l powerstroke is a closed pcv system but I'm still looking.
chevycummins is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05634 seconds with 20 queries