Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Christian Reform???
View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2008, 05:29 PM   #13
Smiley23

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
I think you are considering the people of the church over the church itself.
The people are "The Church". It is a proper way look a a "church" to find out what your support will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
If your living in Holland I wouldn't be so concerned about religion as changing my name to Vander something so everybody thinks your Dutch. lol
Funny that you say that .. I am sure you made the comment because "Christian Reformed" is VERY Dutch.

I was raised Baptist, Christian Reformed, Pentecostal and finally Non-Denominational. I currently do not attend - sorry.

Anyway, to answer your question. Christian Reformed is a very strict denomination in my experience. But like most denominations, you can get away with attending and staying disconnected with the denomination.

I am Dutch, my Grand parents lead a very strict life. Prayers and passages at every meal. They passed away very happily.

As a matter of fact, my grandfather knew the date he would pass away. He started planning his funeral a week in advance. Of course none of us believed him. Sure enough, he passed away in his sleep on the exact day he said.

He was very upbeat and comical during the planning. It was winter and he made the comment to lower him into the grave right away - because he didnt want to catch a cold.
Smiley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06710 seconds with 20 queries