View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2008, 02:08 PM   #1
RyeBread
Catch the wave

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default since we're talking trades - hardwood flooring/laminate

• entry foyer, entry closet, hallway and bath both currently narrow plank hardwoods in need of refinishing.
  • additionally kitchen with island has really crummy vinyl/linoleum that needs to come up. House dates from approximately 1996, and is a "Silverman production house" (for those that know, local pulte wannabe)
  • small section step down from existing kitchen on way to laundry room is carpet, would like it to match the kitchen.
I measured gross square footage (didn't deduct for cabinets/island/stairs, and squared off measurements rounding up significantly) - I came up with ~350 sq ft. of area total.

Looking for options/ballparks and/or references for someone that will do a professional job in a timely fashion:

option a)
tear out vinyl/linoleum/carpet and replace with hardwood, refinish existing hardwoods and match finish on new hardwood to match

option b)
tear out all of the above and replace with a name brand, reputable laminate. the wife likes pergo, but it wasn't until last night when I got her on the laptop reading reviews that she discovered that not only will pergo scratch, but it is also susceptible to chipping
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04348 seconds with 11 queries