Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Michigan Brewer's Guild
View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2008, 04:00 PM   #19
cuinrearview

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Very good time despite the crowd. Talked in the bathroom line with one of the Brewer's from Big Rock. He seemed to be in pain . Their farm ale was interesting, but the big hefe hit the spot for me (i was the only in our group that liked it though). Lot's of awesome big beers. Rochester Mills' Double Dry Hopped IPA and Barleywine were tasty, as was the Double Crooked Tree from the local brewery, Dark Horse. I don't know why becasue I'm not a jalapeneo fan, but Arcadia's Ring of Fire was very good and a must-try as a change of pace for any "real" beer drinker.

A big dissapointment came today when I stopped to pick up the ingredients for my "comeback" batch of homebrew at Siscliano's (sp) party store on Lk. MI drive. They were completely out of Cascade and Centenial hops, which are a must have for any american pale ale. Hopefully the Amarillo I'm going to try for the first time is a suitable replacement. At least they had the one beer I wanted to try at the festival that was out by the time I got to Dragonmead's tent.
cuinrearview is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05947 seconds with 20 queries