Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - My Yj; V8, 700R4, D44, D60, H1's, 37's and OBA
View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:03 PM   #83
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81

Clearance of the rockstomper H1 Arm on the knuckle to wheel, found a snafu that may cost me a bit... just not sure how much yet as it depends on if I can find a stock F250 tie rod or not. The tie rod I had that was good has the wrong taper on the ends (from a 77 LP axle) and my other 78 tie rod the long side end is completely shit. If I can't find a used tie rod for now I will just ante up for my high steer early.

Second snafu -- I have to run a spacer under the arm. The Rockstomper arm must have one when used in an SOA application -- my fault, oops. This snafu is a much cheaper one to deal with. The arm is dead even with my springs.

I was also slightly worried about the hub sticking out too far because of the HUGE offset of the H1 wheels, so Adam (99GrandTJ) and I installed the new ball joints and greased the wheel bearings and installed the drivers side knuckle and new (to me) lockout. The lockout is flush with the face of the tire, not ideal, but WAY better then I expected.

Yes I will paint the wheels, but more important stuff to do right now.

Last edited by jeepfreak81; February 22nd, 2008 at 09:08 PM.
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04658 seconds with 20 queries