Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 2500 Ram
Thread: 2500 Ram
View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2008, 12:33 PM   #9
Freak
Wheelin the HD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Freak Send a message via Yahoo to Freak

I have a 95 1500 with the Magnum 5.9 look in the radiator with skepticism, mine had a cracked head and a warped head when I bought it but the indications were not significant until after I couldn't figure out where all my oil was going, a grand later I had 2 fresh heads installed a new radiator and hoses, love the truck handles good and I beat the living shit out of it until it fell on a tree in January.

My biggest problem with the Magnum V8 was finding a guy that would rebuild a head any not just magnum it and decided from there, actually, it was imposable, the magnum V8 is infamous for cracking heads, and mine still has the issue that occasionally the engine will heat up around 260 degrease and I have to shut it off for 5-10 minutes then start it back up and it will cool down to around 200, this isn't a thermostat problem since its on its third new one, I think the water pump is getting down to its last legs.
Freak is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06029 seconds with 20 queries