Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - My Yj; V8, 700R4, D44, D60, H1's, 37's and OBA
View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2008, 11:10 PM   #75
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81

Got a LOT done with Adam tonight....

Removed the knuckles so I could take the passenger side for machining, and removed the pitman arm from the drivers side. Ball joints are completely shot and axle seals are gone. One knuckle u-joint is shot.

Adam worked on removing the OBA so we can plumb it with brake line. I roughly knocked the rust off the ait tank and started primering and painting it olive drab. It will be mounted on the rear fender inside now. I don't like the idea of having it underneath where is can get hit, and under the hood looked crummy and cramped the engine bay.

I fixed the free spool feature on my winch that has been jammed for years, but spooling out under power was never that bad so I never worried about it as often as it got used.

Adam brought a cutting disk and finished cutting the kick panel.

I finally called it quits on trying to revive my Optima. These batteries are garbage. I yanked it and will head to Sears this weekend to swap it out hopefully.

The rest of the pics in this thread will start working Feb 20th... but here are the current ones, I hosted them in my fiancee's PB account.

Adam:

jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04518 seconds with 20 queries