Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Anyone watch SiCKO? By Michel Moore
View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2008, 11:30 PM   #54
Rattler
Home Sweet Homicide

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I wonder how many of the people who are so opposed to universal health care have ever been in a situation where they needed medical attention but had no insurance and no means to pay for it? It's not fun, but it could happen to any one of us.

I'm not for "socialized health care" but I would be in favor of some system where everyone had access to reasonably priced basic health care. I won't even mind if you had to raise my taxes to pay for it just to know it would be there for me if I needed it. I only ask that it be implemented as supplement to our private health care system, not as a replacement for it, and that it be done with a minimum of bureaucracy, so that the money gets used for treating people, not administration.

Theres another big problem I see coming for health care in general that no one seems to want to talk about. It seems to me that our ability to treat people for every known medical condition is out striping societies ability to pay for it. As we come up with more treatments and procedures the overall amount of money spent on health care goes up relative to everything else. At what point do we say "enoughs enough" and realize that not everyone going to live forever. As cruel as it may sound at some point I think we have admit that we can't afford to treat everyone for everything. At some point I believe we'll have to limit how much money we spend treating people and the best treatment will only go to those that can afford it. People that can't afford it will just die. Sorry, I don't see any way around it.

I won't argue that there is a need for reformation of the healthcare industry.
Rattler is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06095 seconds with 20 queries