Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Final Bush Budget
View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2008, 06:16 PM   #7
jeepman784
Now pedals a bicycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepman784

while i am not against medicare, i am in the healthcare field, and i am amazed how many people ARE on medicare... and i totally understand the college kid thing... my wife and i are both in graduate school for healthcare fields. last year she went to the hospital and we were slapped w/ a 3500 bill... AFTER her ins paid some of it...

we have to carry what insurance we can afford, but are inelligible for medicaid (yes we have looked into it)

to be elligible in the state of michigan, one of us has to be hospitalized, and then the state is entitled to 1/2 of our entire net worth as a couple (which right now is about -45,000). THEN we can be elligible.

sucks, cause people who need it aren't elligible, but people who need it and CAN get it can get 100,000's of dollars of healthcare for nothing, where id be paying about 50,000 of that for the rest of my life w/ the ins. i can afford.

not bitching, but our healthcare HURTS the lower-middle class/middle class people of our nation who can't really afford GOOD insurance, and can't get jobs that offer it. but i understnad it's a catch 22. i could move to canada and be covered by the govt. and buy a supplimental insurance plan and my healthcare would be as good as the high-class citizens in the U.S.

yet, i choose to live here and roll the dice w/ my potential hospitalizations (hope it's from a car crash, then im set by auto... haha)
jeepman784 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05423 seconds with 20 queries