Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - A V-8 Fiero with nos... PLEASE REMOVE...NOT SELLING!
View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2008, 08:02 AM   #17
RyeBread
Catch the wave

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARPMACHINE View Post
Sweet fiero, I would like to build one, someday.

I am guessing fieros are unibodys?? How strong is the unibody, if so??
beyond a unibody really. it's a rolling space frame with plastic body panels affixed. the fiero was the "running producition prototype" for many of the saturn assembly processes.

(My father was part of the project from the very beginning - they even went over to Japan a number of times to study their production processes)

sadly, GM corporate politics doomed it from the beginning forcing partsbin cobbling of trash together.

first 'decent trans' was the getrag in 87 I think, and then in 88 it finally got a decent suspension - by then it was too heavy, lacked the production quality of the more economical/practical crx si, and the zip of the MR2.

My dad still has a small amount of original Fiero Team Store paraphenalia from the production plant (the old fischer body plant on Baldwin in Pontiac) including the 16'-ish long Fiero sign hanging in the garage

bump for what would obviously be a fun car.

way back in highschool I routinely had the fun of driving stock GT fiero's (let's not forget in the mid 80s stock fbody's and 5.0 mustangs were lucky to break 200bhp so there wasn't a lot out there that could be considered "fast" anyway)
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06977 seconds with 20 queries