Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - towing with a 94 suburban.
View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2008, 12:15 PM   #10
smasheromalley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastbobby View Post
since i sold my c3500 diesel i am left with nothing to tow with. my bro offered his 94 1/2 ton suburban to me any time i wanted to use it if, i helped him maintain it. i cant really pass up that deal, but i am concerned that the truck wont be able to keep up with pulling my f150.

it has 3.42 gears now. i am thinking that switching to 4.10 gears might be worth it.

who on here tows with a half ton suburban? what gears do you have in it and how does it pull?
My K3500 crew has the same engine (TBI 5.7L right?), even with the 4:10 gears its no rocket with or without a load, I would actually consider keeping the 3:## gears and be able to tow in D rather than OD and hold a better speed/rpm. It might be a little more sluggish from a stop but let the fools around you deal with that, Im never in a hurry when I tow.

Subs always tow nice tho, nice long WB and even weight front to back. Order up a set of Timbrens from truckspring.com to keep the ass end level and tow away.
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05782 seconds with 20 queries