Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Towing basics
Thread: Towing basics
View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2006, 02:19 AM   #16
noodles
give 'er sh*t ay?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to noodles Send a message via MSN to noodles Send a message via Yahoo to noodles

this is a good post, little confusing but good..lol. i dont have a weight dist. hitch yet, but i want one, they are really nice to tow with. granted my usual tow is my willys on a 12ft trailer. or the tractor with the brushhog, but roughly the same weight.

i do have a question about the brakes thought. your saying anythign over 3000 trailer weight has to have brakes on both axles? so what if my trailer is older and it only has them on one axle.? is this going to be a problem if i am over 3000? im not going to put another set on.. that would be a pain.

we bought a new trailer in dec. im not sure if that has brakes on both axles but im asumming it would have to, its a 20" also.

grandman? not sure what your job is but maybe you will know the answer to this question. i have heard of talk that 1 the old cam binders are no longer legal, 2 that you are required to have 4 chains and seprate binders on a load now. so it cant shift either way. a guy came in to our class and was explaining this, i cant remember where he is from though.:miff: and are the chain strength changing? how does this affect the ratchet straps or does it??
thanks.. and good post
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05961 seconds with 20 queries