Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - hitch and brake controller question
View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2008, 08:21 AM   #7
Jeeperz Creeperz

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via AIM to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via MSN to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via Yahoo to Jeeperz Creeperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88yj View Post
I need to buy a hitch and brake controller for my '89 F-250. I'm clueless when it comes to a hitch. I'm looking for something that will reliably tow 7500 lbs, which is the most the truck would ever see. It's much more likely to be a 5k load, but I want the option to tow a loaded Waggy and not be at 100% capacity. I thought all Class IV hitches were about the same, but I noticed they don't all carry the same ratings. I've just used factory hitches on all the other tow rigs I've used, so this is all new.

I'm pretty sure I want this brake controller based on what I've read, but let me know if there is a better choice. I'm not concerned about the cost of a hitch or controller since they are safety equipment.

http://www.tekonsha.com/prodig.html

Thanks for any help.
Putnam Hitch, a Michigan company, makes a Class V hitch for under $150. 15K weight-carrying capacity.
734-281-8141
M-F 10am-7pm
Sat 10am-3pm
www.jeeperz-creeperz.com
Jeeperz Creeperz is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05096 seconds with 20 queries