Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Top 100 fundamentalist Christian Internet forum Quotes
View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2008, 09:02 PM   #11
lgottler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Story time:

My sister-in-laws husband seemed weird at first meeting. Knocks up my sister-in-law before they got married. 1 year later he decides to start wearing robes to make people "think" in his words. He started acting like a monk when he wasn't. Started wearing a robe all over town, sandals, etc... Started to preach to people and approach people he deemed in need of "help". Went so nuts he started wearing it to work (at a school) and after refusing to stop wearing it, the fired him, he lost all benefits for his new family, no income, stayed at home for 2 years living off his "retirement" and savings.

So, after he drained all money, in debt, wife and child he can't support, the local priest tells him he better stop wearing the getup cuz it aint right. Decides to stop going to that church......

We met at a picnic with family, he made a straight line right for me (cuz he knew I didn't believe in God etc...) and tried to rile me up into a fight! All the while wearing a monk robe.....Probably the funniest thing I've ever had happen to me!

Long story, heres the end: He's nuts. He is on multiple meds now, depressed one day, nutto the next. Finally has a shit job where they put up with his crap (doesn't have to talk to anyone) wife is working, has another kid. Wife didn't want to leave simply because of the children and hoping he returns to normal.... Meet him and he's happy and glad to see you and oh how wonderful everything looks etc...

My .02. There are nut jobs out there, you can't judge an entire religion on a handful of crazies....and as a side note, my wife is a devout Catholic who I support 100% cuz she believes it and doesn't bother me at all about my views.

Lucas
lgottler is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06007 seconds with 20 queries