Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - UPROKTOY says it's impossible...
View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2008, 06:32 PM   #23
Motor Slut
I put the Ick in Dick.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
Two things here:

1) The fuel usage meters aren't very accurate, and are calibrated on the optimistic side. I'm rather curious about the bully dog setup... is that a piggy back? Know how they work, on a signal level? And how those signals are also used to calculate estimated fuel usage? Bully Dog is a programmer not a piggyback chip. The Outlook module lets you switch between power programs on the fly.

2) Most importantly, varied between 40-70, probably a 55-60 average, and I'm guessing in the UP... which means flat, straight, and very few stops. Average was more like 65mph and not flat or straight with about a dozen or so stops. One stop was for 10 minutes idling in the customers driveway.

I can completely see that mileage for that situation, unloaded truck (sled does nothing), those driving conditions.

For example, no matter the vehicle, when I visit my parents (180 mile round trip, completley flat very few stops, 55mph two lane roads, in the thumb), our vehicles get 20-30% higher mileage than our normal mileage. Last trip there with my V10 dodge, I got 11.7mpg towing an 8500lb load (large tractor with loader, forks, other stuff), that be 8-9 mpg down here.
The tires are brand new slightly oversized winter tires.
Motor Slut is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07013 seconds with 20 queries