Thread: Towing basics
View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2006, 09:37 AM   #11
Roadhouse
DrivewayJeeper

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

You hear people argue over towing a trailer with or without a weight dist hitch. I just feel safer and the trailer tows nicer with one, especially if it has the optional torsion bar. Of course towing with dually is alot different than srw. We only have one trailer at work that we use a load hitch on thats a 24' enclosed haulmark trailer. It was a little squirly on the highway without one. All the rest of our bigger trailers that hall our Mill machine, bobcat, rollers, etc all have pinto hitches and do get towed with duallys. Our melters have a standard ball type hitch with now load dist....and they tow fine. They are really short dual axle trailers tho' so that might help...but they can be heavy bastards if they are full of material.

Marv all these times we talked about towing and saying unsafe, I thought you ment with a weight dist. hitch....sorry about misunderstanding that part.

But I still feel that a 1/2 ton truck with a tow rating of 9500lbs towing a 30' TT that weighs 7000lbs is safer than your H3 with a tow rating of what 4000lbs or less, towing you ZJ on a trailer that weighs 6000lbs. And my statement means both using load dist hitch.....I know you don't agree with me but thats cool.
But like you have always mentioned take it slow......
Roadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04294 seconds with 11 queries