Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - dovetail trailers
View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2008, 08:26 AM   #9
xj4life

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
A short dovetail added on would give you the benefit of not needing your ramps. Your COG will not change much as long as you continue to strap your rig down where you currently strap it.

HOWEVER, if you start hauling longer, heavier vehicles on it because you now have a longer trailer, you will have a balance problem because your axles are too far forward.

BTW, that trailer looks longer than 13 ft.
yeah thats one of my fears with having a longer trailer. if i do haul longer vehicles it wont be a regular thing so i'm not to worried. plus if it ends up being a problem i can always move the axles later on. but for now i'll just be towing my jeep 99.9% of the time. i more or less want more length to get the ramps away from the jeep. dovetail does that and also i can get away with shorter (lighter) ramps.

it was just a guess, i dont have the trailer near me to measure. i just know its shorter than most trailers.
This is my Jeep. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Jeep is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My Jeep, without me, is useless. Without my Jeep, I am useless.
xj4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06583 seconds with 20 queries