Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - H3 over load
Thread: H3 over load
View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2006, 03:25 PM   #16
Grandman
do i look old !

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhouse
If you actually take a trip with that H3 towing the Jeep, I never want to hear you say shit about a 1/2ton truck pulling a 25'+ camper again or a pulling a trailer/trail rig. end of story.
How do you figure ?

what im towing is equal to but not great then what im towing with . HP has nothing to do with safty . The H3 has a wide stance wich is good . I will admit it is at is top end of what you would want behind it and i dont conceder a " good " set up .

1/2 ton pickup pulling 35 ' plus trailer which out weighs it by 2,000lb or more plus has a high profile the wind gets ahold of is still a NO NO 24 ' well depends on the weight as all ways . 5th wheel trailer is different as it carries substantial weight on the truck . Ball hook ups should not tow somthing heavier then the towing rig .

All depends on the weight of tow rig and load . type of hitch too . lastely i have said road conditions make a huge difference . You would not see me on the road with this IF there were winter conditions , nor will you see me pull through the mountains .
Grandman is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08676 seconds with 20 queries