View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #54
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I still haven't gone to the store to look at the real pics in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
I re-read the thread and I stil don't see 100% if the shale beach itself is closed. Skip said you can't go past the green line, but the green line doesn't represent the waterline as it used to (due to water levels dropping).
The green line "rule" should keep you out of trouble based on what the DNR has written in the past.

As has been stated, what is legal and illegal on DI seems to be somewhat grey based on what has and has not been allowed (read: not ticketed and/or ok'd by event permit) in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
If the shale beach is infact closed, than there is some illegal wheeling in one of the pics in the new issue of the boondocker I just received :tonka: Kind of ironic.... and even illustrates even more the fact that no one knows what is legal and what is not.
As was stated earlier, the pic is from an ad and not a GLFWDA story or event.

Further, I just went and looked at the pic, and I can't tell where exactly that picture was taken. Based on how packed the rock is, I don't think it was shale beach. Maybe the videos show more info, but there is no way with just that pic in the ad to say they were someplace illegal.

Last edited by JohnnyJ; January 4th, 2008 at 10:50 AM.
JohnnyJ is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04886 seconds with 11 queries