Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Light wiegth Trailer
View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2008, 09:49 AM   #73
Haggar
Covered in mud...

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade II View Post
I didn't 'miss the point' and I do get 'to each his own' that's why I stated "I guess if you have a specific little lightweight 4x4......... :chiefwoohaw::chiefwoohaw::chiefwoohaw:"

My used, well maintained, standard cab, SRW, 4x4 1st gen Cummins was $2k not $40k+. Much cheaper than my time & materials are worth to build a smaller, purpose built trailer under the guise of 'MPG'. That's where I was coming from on that. And I didn't get the Detroit for the MPG, it was the only engine available.
:

Hehehe, that explains a lot. Some folks don't want to daily drive a 16 year old truck with less horsepower than a honda 4 cyl every day, or have a tow rig that sits 355 days a year. (I used to drive a fleet of 1st gen cummins work trucks, I would have no interest in one even as a part time tow rig)

One of the primary reasons someone builds a buggy is because they want something engineered exactly for their application, not trying to adapt a road vehicle to their purpose. I see this as an extension of that concept. A purpose built vehicle will perform better than a modified universal. Likewise with a trailer, IF you know what you are doing.

Again, to each his own. BTW, shouldn't cost more than about $750 to build a decent trailer, haven't seen a used one for $750 that didn't need just as much work and parts to make it in good shape.
Haggar is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06262 seconds with 20 queries