Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Drummond Island illegal wheeling in Car and Driver ???
View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2008, 12:54 PM   #19
kickstand
sHaMoNe!

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptjpaul View Post
I do not think most trails on Drummond are unsuitable for stock 4x4's. They did not go to Turtle Ridge (of course), just wanted some 2 tracks with good scenery. They knew that these vehicles were not up to hard wheeling, but needed a place to shoot the story.

I think that this was the point in hiring a guide. With none of them knowing the island, they had to rely on someone to show them what was there. The guide knew the lineup of vehicles and should have adjusted the route accordingly. Some damage was to be expected, but I think all but one vehicle came back with something broken. Not fun for my buddy to call all the manufacturers and explain as well as getting them all repaired before they were returned (which I believe Car and Driver paid for on all of them).
Broken or body damage?

Broken=driver error
body damage can be somewhat blamed on the guide, but also begs to wonder why the people didnt speak up, do something to avoid it, etc.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06502 seconds with 20 queries