Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Delete me!!!!!
Thread: Delete me!!!!!
View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2007, 10:17 AM   #16
winters98tj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Red face Man I knew if I read long enough......

Kodiak450r--Here's my situation. I bought my kid a 98 wrangler tj with the 2.5 4 cylinder engine and an automatic trans. It has about 108,000 miles on it and now the engine sounds like it has a box of marbles in the lower end. I know the engine needs to be majorly gone over ( and maybe needs to be replaced) The block doesnt leak anything but it does burn about a quart+of oil a week. I am tired of hearing that i have a "sissy,underpowered,baby 4 banger" and I do not want to change it to a 765 h.p. mega rock crawling, wall climbing, all things dirt, monster jeep. I simply want a reliable vehicle that my kid can have some fun with and be able to rely on it starting and running properly.

Now the question: Your prices for engine overhaul seem too good to be true.
Can you give me an estimate as to what it may cost to rebuild the current engine? Install a new Long Block? I have a reasonable budget to work with.I live in Madison Heights and could drive it over for you to look at and hear it run. And I am not in such a hurry as to need it right away. Take your time if you do the work--i won't need it overnite.

Thanks for hearing me out. I look forward to hearing from you.And I would love to be raving about your services in the future.

Thanks, winters98tj
winters98tj is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06029 seconds with 20 queries