Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - dovetail trailers
View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2007, 10:45 PM   #1
xj4life

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default dovetail trailers

i'm thinking about dovetailing my trailer this winter to give me a project to do. my trailer is kind of short anyways. cant remember exactly what it is, 13' seems to stick out in my mind. well i was thinking of adding on about 3' to it, this would be the dovetail portion. does the dovetail really provide any benifit? i just think it'd be nice to have a little more lenght and have smaller, lighter ramps.

i'd probably cut my current ramps in half. use about half for the new ramp, a small portion for a vertical support when ramps are down, and then add spring assist. not sure yet if i'm going to shift the axles. it rides like a dream right now so i really dont want to mess with that. also fix up my fenders and finish it off with some fresh paint in the spring.

here's a bad pic of my current setup:

This is my Jeep. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Jeep is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My Jeep, without me, is useless. Without my Jeep, I am useless.
xj4life is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04553 seconds with 20 queries