Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Latest on HB 4323 "Its on Jenny's desk!"
View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2007, 08:51 AM   #10
MiniJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8ymf View Post
Did you ever tell us which Senator you work for?
Just curious.
j-kb8ymf
I just saw this...I work for Sen. Ron Jelinek. He represents Berrien, Cass and Van Buren Counties. He's also the Senate Appropriations Committee Chair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail_Fanatic View Post
In a phone conservation this morning with one of our contacts in Lansing, we were informed that a hearing will be held on HB 4323 in 2008. At this time, the schedule is extremely busy, with some very high priority items needing immediate attention.[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

The schedule in the Natural Resources Committee is dealing with Water Withdrawal issues. That is a hot and controversial topic and will not get solved right away, so probably not much else will get done in that committee until that's resolved.

As we progress on this Bill, we cannot stress enough, the single most important thing is for people to contact their State Senator and let them know they support HB 4323 “as presented from the House”. One can bet the opposition is letting their position known.

I haven't seen much opposition to it from constituents, but then again, right now it wouldn't affect counties in Southwest Michigan so I doubt they're even aware of it unless they have a a cabin up north.
I do know my boss is opposed to it. He says he is undecided but is leaning no. The reasons: Will Southern Counties be asked to legalize ORVs on the shoulder in the future? and How do you adequately enforce speed and ridership?

I've tried explaining to him the details of it, but he seems unconvinced at this point. Guess we'll see what happens if it ever gets out of committee.
MiniJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07170 seconds with 20 queries