View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2007, 05:50 PM   #9
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Collecting parts.

So there is a pick up bed of parts from my garage and basement that I added to the the pile....then the other stuff started to show up.

Got a package from Jeeperz Creeperz....always great to do business with Kevin down there. Got gears, install kit, etc etc shipped to me from him and then when I was down for Thanksgiving I picked up a few other things like grab handles, bumpstops and stuff from the store.

This is the heavy duty track bar bracket we will be using.

So then I had to deliver parts that I sold off the YJ to people down in Traverse City so I stopped into NorthWest4x4.

Man do they have a nice place. And a great bunch of guys there also. They gave me a tour around the store and then the shop area and let me peek in on some of the projects they have going.

I had never heard of this place till I was on the BDS website and looked up distributors of their lifts. After chewing the fat with these guys for a couple of hours, I went home with the new BDS True Long Arm kit. Now this lift is pricy but call NorthWest and see what they can do for ya.

The BDS long arm was chosen because it is a true 4 link and it does not use radius arms. We have seen many radius arm designs leave people stranded in the woods when one mount breaks. This setup is easier to get out of the woods with on something that has broken. And if something does bust....who can beat the BDS "no fine print" warranty? No one can.

This kit is by far the most complete and well thought out kit I have seen, although there are many places where it wants you to re-use stock hardware. We won't be doing that. All stock hardware will be replaced with new grade 8 hardware.

Finally finished with picking up stuff and almost done with my ebay buying spree.

BDS lower arms, way bigger. Super beefy. I Opted for the Super Flex system.

Upper arm...same thing, Super Flex

Just noticed......this doesn't seem like it's going to fit. More on that later.

Page generated in 0.05525 seconds with 11 queries