View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2007, 10:09 PM   #1
akozman
Chrome Trucker Chicks Rul

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default start of the X-mas 2007 buildup for my daughter **FINISHED NEW PICS**

I thought I'd make my 8 month old daughter her first rig of many more to come over the years (and I thought being into 4x4ing myself is expense, I'm so screwed). I mean seriously, the Wagon was $30 on sale, I'll have at least 6x that into this before I'm done, and probably more like 10x. Before I know it this thing will be gas powered going 45mph.

started with a 2007 stock Radio Flyer Red Steel Wagon.

a Set of of Carlisle Turf Saver 15x6.00x6NHS Tires (TSC only had 2 for now), the guy at TSC thought they were too big, I just told him he has no clue about my (I mean my daughter's) addiction...I'm going to go to a quad junk yard before I mount these to see what they have and how much. The Carlisle are $30/each for wheel & tire so I'm guessing I can find some Aluminum wheels with tires for about that at the junk yard....if not, the steel wheels are getting beadlocks to match my Jeep.

Here's a mock up, for now I'm just putting lift blocks in, but I may go to some coilovers and triagulated 4-link for the rear. Still looking at options for the front. I also need to make some hub adapters to actually fit the wheels, but again waiting until I go to the junk yard before any serious mods take place.

Also going to be adding wooden rails, seat & harness, 6pack cooler (for me), and maybe a soft top. Oh ya, and it's going to be painted pink and have some digital flames printed in pink & purple colors.

Future mods may include an electric's (instead of hydraulic's) and depending on heavy it is I may need to mod a Quad brake onto it and brake lever on the handle.

Last edited by akozman; January 1st, 2008 at 08:54 PM.
akozman is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05063 seconds with 11 queries