Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Can I drive my full size rig down a quad trail in michigan if I don't hit any trees?
View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2007, 11:05 PM   #47
kb8ymf
Not as old as Whiterhino

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
I wanna see a family car get down some of the 2 tracks and firelanes around here. I know if some between Kalkaska and TC that have some hills on them that when you get to the top you cant see the fing bottom on the other side. Let's see the conventional car go down those.

So in other words if I buy an orv tag ans slap it on my rig, if I can fit on the trail am I legal?
At the risk of opening this up again. If you can't drive the road/trail in a 2WD family sedan, and the road/trail does NOT have an orange ORV Route triangle on it, Your illegal and can get a ticket. Lot's of the road up in TC are illegal. The DNR is just a bit lax in some areas and therefore it has been assumed that these roads/trails are legal, The are not.
If you re-read the entire post and others regarding events on state land you will see that there are some difference between state and federal land but even those are subject to interpretation.
If you can't find them, reply here and I'm sure someone will dig them up.
jim-kb8ymf
kb8ymf is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08074 seconds with 20 queries