Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - re-gearing
Thread: re-gearing
View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:20 AM   #1
Lothos
KD8GKB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Lothos Send a message via AIM to Lothos Send a message via Yahoo to Lothos
Default re-gearing

I'm setting up to re-gear my 03 Rubi and of course I have a bunch of questions that I can't find direct answers to even after reading through 15 pages in this section.

First off, gear ratio. Of the places I've glanced at online so far the highest I find is 5.13's. I'm still debating on whether my final tire size will be 35 or 37 and my worry is if I go with the 37's I don't know if 5.13 is enough. It's still my DD, but sees little to no highway use.

Second question: brand. I'm leaning towards the superiors right now since I've heard mixed luck with Yukon's and another brand.

Third: shafts. Some folks say upgrade the axle shafts and others say the rubi ones are ok with proper gearing. I had seen a year ago that folks were big into the new chromoly shafts for the 44. Is it necessary? If I actually did break one I would most certainly replace it with something stronger than stock as I just do that sort of thing.

Finally: since KB moved to Tenn, who else locally(Westland) does gear installs? I really don't want to take it all the way out to DTS.
Lothos is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06822 seconds with 20 queries