Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - need opinions. legal issues for doing my poker run.
View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2007, 01:58 PM   #138
USMC 0369
Livin in Cal-tuckey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
"...they are out to make wheeling illegal, in all forms"
How can you support that statement? People using the State & USFS lands are how they make revenue. The intent is not to make revenue by issuing citations, but to make revenue by attracting clubs to the forest.

Another reason for the need for permits is to make the forest & trails available to all forms of outdoor activity to as many people as the land can support. If you were a group of motorcycle riders and want to do a run on the "heeby-jeeby trail" and a group of horseback riders wants to do a trail ride on the same day - on the same trail...can you not see the conflict? This is ANOTHER reason permits are needed - for scheduling.

If you want some more reasons permits are necessary shoot me a PM or ask here... although I'd think it should be becoming clearer. You support legal wheeling...so support the DNR Officers & the USFS Rangers. They're employed to help.

Kelly covered insurance.

It's a matter of getting educated - DNR & Rangers on this site can help with that. Although I'm sure lurking has gone on with MANY 4x4 sites across the nation, if you're a responsible wheeler and play by the rules (which is sounds like you are) it shouldn't be a problem.
USMC 0369 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06340 seconds with 20 queries