Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - need opinions. legal issues for doing my poker run.
View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2007, 01:44 PM   #136
clarkstoncracker
lol

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
i dont see it as help?? if he does help in some way good. im glad! i have yet to see any help from any of the dnr or usfs officers on any site. they lurk on all of them. im all for legal wheeling! they are out to make wheeling illegal, in all forms. this is not help! how did he help?? perhap i missed something?? did you think the permit was gonna be issued?? do you know how much insurance for this event would have cost?? i must have missed something somewhere. there are very few officers left that will give ya a fair shake!
flame away!
Ok. Insurance was already covered.

What the ranger did was inform the group of people to purchase the proper permit (following federal law) and having the route drawn up. The route is required for the permit.

So instead of showing up and (doing his job) and writing tickets, he warned the group prior.

This is just like a police officer calling you to tell you their setting up a speed trap on the expressway, and to watch your speed.

I have no idea how you can cry about someone doing their job. The last I understood, they inforce the laws, not make them.

Page generated in 0.07523 seconds with 20 queries