Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Pulled The 4.0L And.....
View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2007, 03:27 PM   #17
Plato2k5
In Da Faaaaaace!!!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Plato2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnaiam View Post
I do not know what shape the rest of the bronco is in, but I can tell you that chasing too much money with even more money is not always the best solution. It is amazing the deals out there right now in Michigan. There have been a few deals by fellow employees that would make you down right question spending 700-1200 on a motor alone. Then again if you feel the car itself is worthy of the new motor than go for it.
I agree with your statment but at the same time i don't. If you purchase a used engine or vehicle off someone else, you do not know how well they took care of the stuff. If the jeep/truck is built, you do not know how well it was built. You can look at it but if they rebuilt the engine, trans, axles, and such....your not sure how well it was put together or if it was just halfassed.

Sucks you just can't take a persons word on," Oh yeah it was just rebuilt 5k miles ago. Ran great when pulled. I trust the guy who built it that i would give him the keys to my house with no problem." Yes I have been told this buy a seller.

As for chucks engine service, I had Rick do the work for me. I went up with some cams and pistons in mind and he recomended a cam i never thought to look at. Told me to go with sealed power pistons insead of KBs since the KBs have a shorter skirt and produce rod knock when cold. Good guy
Plato2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06586 seconds with 20 queries