Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - need opinions. legal issues for doing my poker run.
View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2007, 01:14 PM   #121
Hackfabrication
Hack

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
...Even Trail Clean Ups are organized, so I bet pretty soon we will have to get a permit to pick up other peoples trash on the trails we like to use and keep clean! Am I wrong here?..
Interesting. I would imagine that if your Clean-up 'event' met all the criteria of the Governing body for that particular area, you would need a permit.

Anyway...Good thread. I especially like the 'ask the Ranger' concept. But having worked for the Fed's for 29 years, I can tell you that it's not as easy to become a 'spokesperson' or 'information maven' as it would seem. To most supervisors/managers anyone doing this is 'Representing' the agency. And they (the agencies), have 'people' that do that already. In other words: It's not always prudent (careerwise) to do someone else's job, even if they aren't doing it.

Back to the subject: Don't let this additional paperwork stop you. Get the permit, Get the Bond/Insurance, Get whatever is required. Charge everyone an additional fee for them. Hand out one of those plastic wristbands to every participant. If someone is screwing up and is caught, the Ranger's can identify if they're with your group or just tearing things up at your expense.

I know, it seems like a hassle. But in no way the hassle you'll get if you go forward without them. And like was posted, once you've navigated the obstable course the first time, each subsequent time will be easier/quicker.
Hackfabrication is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06679 seconds with 20 queries