Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - need opinions. legal issues for doing my poker run.
View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2007, 11:16 PM   #89
clarkstoncracker
lol

Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapThrillB2 View Post
with 74 0r less people involved
The problem comes in when "planning" for a bigger event, and 50 people sign up for it.. Well, as the time gets closer, 25 of those people invite their friends, and before you know it you have 100 people on the trail ride.

If its only $75.00 for a permit, and no bond is needed, its probably in the best interest of whoever is putting on the event to pull the permit. Not only does it cover you if the event is bigger then expected, but it probably gives a positive vibe to the rangers about the group.

Face it, the DNR reads this site also. We were VERY careful not to have ANY pre-arranged trail rides for the pig gig last weekend. And the groups that went out kept it to 5-8 rigs per group. This was done on purpose as not to have any issues with the DNR.

I did notice a very heavy presence of DNR people out on the trails, via pickups and quads. As far as I know, nobody had any issues.

Page generated in 0.05830 seconds with 20 queries