Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - need opinions. legal issues for doing my poker run.
View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2007, 11:03 PM   #81
kb8ymf
Not as old as Whiterhino

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Yes, I would love to see this challenged, but who has the resources to challenge it? Maybe kb8ymf can answer this but I don't think UFWDA has ever attempted to fight this.
It's not contestable. No one in their right mind would take this to court, You WILL LOOSE!!!!!!!!
The Associations/Clubs out west have accepted this and follow the letter of the law for every event they have. Just look at all the trouble the guys from Las Cruces had last year with their event.
They (Clubs out west) simple roll the fee into the event charge. It's around $20.00 or so right now for a one or two day event but I'm sure some guys here from out west can collaborate.
It's like Mile High Jeep Club's All-4-Fun week that I went to this year. I think I paid at least $100 for permits alone. And I talked with the organizer, the USFS is talking about raising the fees next year. We were just riding the open trails in San Isabella National Forest, no different than If I were to go drive in the Huron/Manistee or any other Federal Forest. if your 'above' the radar as events are, your going to get attention.
jim-kb8ymf
kb8ymf is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06337 seconds with 20 queries