Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - need opinions. legal issues for doing my poker run.
View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2007, 04:02 PM   #39
shawn
Resident HVAC/R Jambi

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8ymf View Post
I have put on events in the USFS Mio Ranger District and the Cadillac Ranger district a few years back, '86-'87. Some of you may have heard of them, they were called 'The Jeep Cup'. These two events sound like they would be very similiar, a poker run and a TSD Rally. I don't have any paperwork left from the events but here are the basic rules we had to follow and the rationale for them:

1. The participants are using public resources 'over and above' what would be considered normal. This is why a 'Fee' is being charged. Much like using a Pavallion at your local community park. You might have payed taxes to build the facility but assembling a larg group is outside the normal anticipated use.
The State DNR has 20 vehicle or 20 person criteria, the USFS appears to have something around 75. This number was never referenced in my event because we had 200+ people there so we were already over the limit.
2. The liability insurance is a 'catch all' so any damage done by the group can be recouped via the insurance.
3.We had a Application Fee which included paperwork and post field inspection.
4. We also used to have a road bond posting of $250-$1000 depending on how much damage the Officer thought was going to be done. GLFWDA ended up loosing the bond both years due to splashing the water out of some low spots in the road

You beat me to it!
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08853 seconds with 20 queries