Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Can I drive my full size rig down a quad trail in michigan if I don't hit any trees?
View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2007, 06:17 AM   #7
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,877
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker

Originally Posted by mpwal099 View Post
short answer: no

long answer:

Definitions which define where and how ORV/ATVs may be operated include:

“Forest Road” Forest roads are hard surfaced roads, gravel and dirt roads, and other routes that can be traveled by a conventional 2-wheel drive vehicle designed for highway use (passenger car), including fire lanes and logging roads. “Forest Road” does NOT include any state, federal or county highways or roads. In general, forest road means a road OTHER THAN A COUNTY OR STATE ROAD that the family car can operate on without assistance. ORV license is required.

Where do I find the definition of "coventional"? I can now go purchase a 4x4 with front/rear lockers right off a car dealership lot. Is this conventional if I use 2 wheel drive?

What happens if my "family car" is a jeep?
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.11777 seconds with 22 queries