Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - So today I went to the dealership...
View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2005, 03:09 PM   #19
nixxerRsixxer
Homewrecker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to nixxerRsixxer Send a message via AIM to nixxerRsixxer Send a message via Yahoo to nixxerRsixxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66
I test drove a 2006 Duramax with the 6 speed Allison trans. 360HP and 600 and some LB/FT of torque.

I was impressed it was pretty peppy, and would easily put it sideways around a corner. Low end felt like it had some nice grunt.

The coolest feature was the new shifting. On the DIC you see PRNDM1. When you shift it into M it changes to all you see is 6 5 4 3 2 1 and on the shifter there is a + and - button to manually change gears. Kinda neat.

But anyway the truck stickered out at 45k with very few options.

The dealer wanted to give me 19k for my 2003.

3 years and it lost more than half of its value...holy ****. I thought trucks were supposed to hold their values. Oh well. It was fun but i'll stick with my piece of junk.

Bottom Line: New truck is kinda neat but Chevy's suck(beat ya to it Greasymonkey)
not sure that this matters much.. but most of the guys that do towing/hauling trailers/rvs for a living with 3/4 - 1tons are using dodge.. i would probably put the number at around 80%.. not sure the reasoning.. maybe its the power and the gas mileage.. most of the numbers i hear with a 33' 6k lb bumper pull are around between 7-9mpg.. dodge is somewhere between 9-11 w/ same speed..
and buy my own damn house in Kalamazoo.
nixxerRsixxer is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06562 seconds with 20 queries