Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - (D-CA12) Rep. Tom Lantos's well thought out, articulate response to General Patraeus
View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2007, 06:02 PM   #1
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default (D-CA12) Rep. Tom Lantos's well thought out, articulate response to General Patraeus

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

"the fact remains, gentlemen, that the Administration has sent you here today to convince the members of these two Committees and the Congress that victory is at hand. With all due respect to you, I must say … I don’t buy it. And neither does the independent Government Accountability Office or the Commission headed by General Jones. Both recently issued deeply pessimistic reports…"

"In the last few days, General Petraeus, media have reported that you are prepared to support a slow drawdown of our forces in Iraq - beginning with a brigade or two, perhaps at the end of this year. This clearly is nowhere near enough… It is time to go - and to go now."

-He says its time to stop fighting Iraq's war, and put it on the Iraqis. We don't need to be in the middle of a religious inspired civil war.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05209 seconds with 20 queries