View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2007, 01:00 PM   #1
Skooter_Built
Fuck talk, Duck walk!

2001 F-2/350 questions

Ive been looking for a newer truck to replace my CRam. Well I found a 2001 F-350 near me, thats close to my price range. Its a crew cab short bed single wheel lariat, 7.3 power stroke, 4x4, auto trans... It has about 180k on it and is in somewhat ok condition.

The story behind the truck was that it was used by landscaping business. It was used for towing equipment and in the winter a season or 2 for plowing. It appears to be stock.

When I went to go check it out, I noticed it had a few issues. On startup it appeared to be burning a bit of oil but after about a minute or 2 it went away, it had a frayed serp belt, some oil on the backside of the oil pan, surface rust on the bottom of the doors, slight rust on the bed wheel wells, the rear section of the frame and everything attached to it had surface rust. The inside was in good shape, except that the passenger power mirror, overhead temp/compass, passenger door lock, and gas gauge were not functioning.

I was wondering if anyone else with a F-2/350 has run into any of these problems. I'm on the fence about buying this truck, if I can get the price lower I might consider about buying it, however after looking it over I think the truck has been used hard in its life, and not properly maintained. Am I walking into a maintenance nightmare, or are most of these issues cosmetic and easily repairable?

If you want peace, prepare for war!

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
Skooter_Built is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04329 seconds with 11 queries