Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Dodge vs Ford
Thread: Dodge vs Ford
View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2007, 09:39 PM   #25
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newride View Post
Get a Duramax ! My buddy tows his 5th wheel on vacation wit h2 other families , one has a ford the other a dodge . He says he getting nearly 20 mpg and leaving the others behind . He said when they were going thru Tenn all he saw was the other two rigs and black smoke behind them LOL. But if you are going to get a new diesel get a 07 classic ! The new one have the new gov regulated exhaust on them that dump raw fuel in them to burn out the cat . After 4 burns at 1200 degrees the exhuast is dead ! And you will be helping me keep my job :-)
He does not get 20 mpg towing a 5th wheel, and WTF are you talking about "After 4 burns at 1200 degrees the exhuast is dead !"

You've been fed lies Newride. The diesel particulate filter (DPF) collects all the "black smoke" and keeps it trapped until regeneration. Diesel is injected at a metered rate to burn off the particulates. This is normal and the emissions systems are warrantied (by a government mandate) for at least 120K miles. A "dead exhaust after 4 burns" is highly unlikely, and if it does happen, it is covered for free.

Stop talking nonsense.

Page generated in 0.05960 seconds with 20 queries