Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - *SOLD* Nice OEM Scrambler CJ-8 tub (95% rust-free) - LOTS OF PICS
View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2007, 09:05 AM   #1
1x1_Speed_Craig
Simplify...

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default *SOLD* Nice OEM Scrambler CJ-8 tub (95% rust-free) - LOTS OF PICS

Pics to come by end of weekend...

I just got back LATE last night from buying two (2) OEM Scrambler tubs in Richmond, Virginia (we built a family vacation out of the trip). I'm selling the nicer tub, and keeping the rougher (but very repairable) tub for myself.

The nicer tub is 95% rust-free. Everything is nice, with the exception of a small hole in the driver-side rear corner (just under/to the side of the tailgate area). If you're local, I can work with you to repair this (I have a MIG welder). Otherwise, there are a couple dents/dings, but the tub is VERY nice/solid...even the floorpans.

I honestly expect that this will end up on eBay, but thought I'd offer it here first for $800. This is less than 1/2 the price of a 4WD Hardware fiberglass tub, and I have already done the traveling to the land of "clean Jeeps" (24+ hour round trip driving). I can pretty much guarantee that you won't find a tub this clean anywhere around the salty Midwest.

If you're interested in this tub, contact me quickly, as I'll be selling it quickly to recoup my purchase/travel costs. Cash only...no trades.

I'm located just west of Grand Rapids.

Craig

EDIT (7/28): Here's an initial pic (more to come). It's the red one on bottom (I'm keeping the brown one).

Surface rust on driver-side rocker (before wire wheeling):

Driver-side rocker (after wire wheeling...solid metal underneath):

Small holes (brazing would work to repair vs. cutting out sheet metal):

Passenger-side rocker:

Floorpans:

Rear end:

Small hole in left rear corner:

Overzealous use of torch to remove passenger body mount (floorpan is good, but "hat channel"/body mount needs rebuilt):

Passenger side hole & hat channel/body mount repair needed:

Last edited by 1x1_Speed_Craig; August 9th, 2007 at 07:12 PM.

Page generated in 0.09088 seconds with 20 queries