Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 97 f150 2d v6 reg cab/reg bed.
View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2007, 08:40 AM   #29
sglide
co captain of cubes pants

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
just for the hell of it, you might as well get an old flat bed tow truck if you were gonna go the stake bed route, and just skip the trailor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjackbender View Post
shit load cheaper

im not an ass hole I just don't like when people refuse to take the fact that wheel base plays a huge fucking roll in towing things. I dont care what drivetrain it has in it. a longer wheel base is going to help. im not saying you cant tow with a SWB truck just that if you are buying a truck with the intent to tow why the fukc not get a longer wheel base one?
you know what i tow with nate.
and i wouldnt want to go back to towing with a pickup after running the stake truck for a while now.
going to the pre-gig i had mine on the steakbed and cubes on the trailer without having to worry about how it was going to handle and the gas milage never changed from towing just one jeep.

what im saying is get the biggest truck you can aford, its always better to have to more truck than you can use , than not enuf
sglide is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06180 seconds with 20 queries