Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - New Bill to make you wear seat belts offroad...
View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2007, 05:48 PM   #10
Yetti
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Unless the person and any passenger in or on the vehicle is wearing on his or her head a crash helmet and protective eyewear approved by the United States department of transportation. The requirements of this subdivision do not apply to either of the following:

(i) The operator or a passenger in a vehicle that is equipped with a roof that meets or exceeds standards for a crash helmet if the operator and all passengers are wearing properly adjusted and fastened safety belts.

(ii) The operator or a passenger in an orv that is operated on private land at a speed not greater than 25 miles per hour.

the dumb part about all this is the street bike guys don't have to wear Goggles till they hit 35mph, secondly the moped guys don't have to wear helmets if they are over 19 years of age. so tell me a again why I'm required to wear them on my own land?

the laws are made to screw with us and its getting rediculous. this law doesn't make the current law any better. it not saying that I can ride my quad on my land without a helmet, and its not saying anyone is going to do it differently then they do it now. its just another tool to write tickets with, thats it.

Page generated in 0.06309 seconds with 20 queries