Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Mounds Rock Crawl update [RFP's out]
View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2007, 04:16 PM   #1
kb8ymf
Not as old as Whiterhino

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default Mounds Rock Crawl update [RFP's out]

Here's the update on the rock crawl course @ the Mounds. I've been hounding the Director as you'll see.
Now's the time for those who have contracting companies to become in the single most exciting project that 4 wheelers in Michigan have going.
It looks like the specificitation for the course have been identified and they may be looking for bidders very shortly.
I will try to get a copy of the RFP so I understand what it is they are asking for. We were never consulted as to the content of the course so it will be interesting to see what the RFP contains.
We are less than 60 days till the 2008 Grants need to be submitted. Unless GCP&R prempts the bids and submits a 'estimated' $$ amount for the course construction we might miss out on the Grant Application this year. Let's wait and see before rumors start to fly.
So who's going to bid??????????
jim-kb8ymf

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I promise that I am not ignoring, you, Jim. We have been very busy getting ready for the launch of the summer season.

The RFP [Request For Proposal] for the design of the rock course is in the process of approval by the County's Purchasing Department. Due to the anticipated cost of the design, County Purchasing Policies require us to issue a formal RFP. It is a fairly lengthy process as the Purchasing Department is basically a one person operation due to budget cuts and is responsible for all of the County's major purchasing, not just the County Parks.

I know that this is frustrating, but we are committed to making this project happen. I think that the Parks Commission has been very consistent in its commitment to the Mounds and hope that track record will give you the confidence that we will get this project built.

If there are any interested contractors that would like to bid on the project
they should contact Genesee County Purchasing Director Eric Hopson. His email address is: ehopson@co.genesee.mi.us

Amy M. McMillan, Director
Genesee County Parks and Recreation Commission
5045 Stanley Road
Flint, Michigan 48506

(810) 249-3812
(810) 736-7220 - FAX
kb8ymf is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05012 seconds with 20 queries