Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Canada...May 19, 20, 21
View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2006, 08:13 AM   #8
Tombs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre4runner
Sounds like a fun trip, i'd like to know what kind of trails and get some other info. would make a good opening trip for the 4runner
I cant tell you whole bunch about the trails, cause I just dont know. I have never been up there to wheel. The guy, (Denny) that is going to show us about is the owner of the lodge where we are staying at, ( see my above post) and has a stock Land Rover. He is a resident of Ohio. Most of trails we will be doing, ( according to Denny) will be old ,old logging trails that have'nt seen much use in years. There is allot of rocks, swampy areas and hills, and everything in between. Denny has'nt really been on the trails either but knows where they are. And he knows that because the lodge that he owns caters pretty much to rock climbers, so, he does allot of scouting to find new rock climbing areas.
The lodge, (The mad moose lodge) is about an hour os so north of the Soo in Canada. Very wide open almost mountains area with not a lot of population. In fact, the nearest town, is the Soo to the south and Wawa to the north which is about the same distance either way. There is a small gas station however located about a mile north of the lodge, so gas should'nt be a problem. So this is pretty much what I can tell you about it, except, it will definantly be an adventure and a lot of fun. Oh yah, it's located at the Montreal river harbor.
http://www.themadmoose.com/

Last edited by Tombs; February 11th, 2006 at 08:23 AM.
Tombs is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06592 seconds with 20 queries