Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - To promote tourism or...
View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2007, 01:39 PM   #1
cwy426

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default To promote tourism or...

http://www.oceanaheraldjournal.com/n...story_id=25000

The above will link to a story in a local newspaper that some will get a kick out of - those that are familiar with Jack Warfield/Sandy Korners
(aka Jackass). My understanding is, he is the one that put up all the fuss about strap towing, etc., causing the enforcement of the towing laws in Silver Lake. He did this because of the rules the DNR have regarding operating a business on the dunes, which he did not want to comply with.

Now, I have no problem with "promoting reginal tourism", however, I have a feeling it has more to do with promoting Sandy Korners. What was he hoping to accomplish by forcing the towing laws - I have seen some posts on this site by people saying they will no longer go to Siler Lake. Of course he could care less - those towing their own stuff weren't putting anything in his pocket.

The hard copy of the paper had pictures - one showing one of his jeeps going through a muddy section of whatever two-track they were on. Made me think of some of the discussions on what is legal to drive through and what is not....Maybe the DNR needs to read the paper?
cwy426 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05940 seconds with 20 queries