Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Best diesel 3/4 ton truck of the BIG 3
View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2006, 02:46 PM   #77
Haggar
Covered in mud...

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Interesting... I'm ready through my backlog of Automotive News mags at work here.

There's a 3 page article about how Ford is getting its ass handed to them due to the 6.0 PSDs..

Intersting stats in the article:

-For 2003+, Cummin Dodges have 0 technical service bullitens for the engine. Chevy duramax's have had 8. The ford 6.0 has had 77 TSBs.

-In summer 2003 alone, ford bought back 500 trucks with engines that were too troublesome to continually repair.

-Ford will not acknowledge the specifc warranty cost but acknoledges that warranty costs have ballooned $500 million more in 2005

-According to the NHTSA, many trucks never made it home from the dealership before fuel injector and/or turbo failure occured. At least 14 accidents have occured from engines stalling.

-According to a dealership techs, Damaged turbo fins are to be blamed on air filter issues, and the $700+labor will not be covered under warranty.

-The 2005+ trucks appear to have fixed most of the problems.

I have no personal experience, just summarizing the article. I know that my Father's company(before he retired) built the assembly lines for the 6.0. He warned me of all kinds of issues they had with the motors as they were built and tested, and to stay away from them.

Anyway, thats from the Dec 12th 2005 Automotive News. More of a trade publication, probably something you won't find at the store.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06167 seconds with 20 queries