View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2006, 10:39 AM   #84
RyeBread
Catch the wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker
What do you mean, determine is this is or validity.

Did you not read where I talke to Jeremy?
I was referring to the folks over on MJ. You're not longer a mod over there. :p

in all honesty though, does anyone really think MJ has been truly living for a while now? So someone picked out an artifical date to pull the plug.

it's been dying for quite a while, and many have posted their opinions of why.

people talk about an absent owner. OT's owner, Fazle hasn't had a truly active presence on his board in years. Yes, he does post from time to time, and yes he has periodic contests and some involvement, but that sight has gone gonzo since it originally parted ways with the precursor (honda-tech.com) Like greatlakes, OT grew in part because it expanded the scope of the audience.

people like the "small, I know everyone" atmosphere, and fondly recall when GLJU was just 9 members. But people come and go in and out of our lives all the time - a site has to grow to continue to live, but it has to grow in a positive way. How to manage that growth in a positive way I'm afraid isn't an easy task.

Finally, yes kelly, I believe that you spoke with Jeremy, as I said, you have the entire whitepages.com in your cell phone, and/or in your AIM contact list :p

I just find it an extremely odd way for Jermey to handle the end of a site that he put a lot of effort (and/or money) into building
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04406 seconds with 11 queries