Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - chevy vs dodge?
Thread: chevy vs dodge?
View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2007, 10:54 AM   #41
GNJEEPN
Grumpy Grampa

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

All of the big three have their issues. The only thing that Chevy has going for it in my opinion is the availability of the Allison trans but that is only available in the HD trucks. I personally think that if you plan on towing go with at least 3/4 ton or larger. If budget allows go for a Diesel. I also think the new Chevy is butt ugly. If I were to go GM I would probably go with the GMC for the looks. As for transmissions take care of them and don't abuse them. Add the biggest trans cooler you can get. Heat kills transmissions. Change the fluid and filter at least once a year if you tow a lot. If you find the trans shifting a lot downshift to a lower gear. I drive a 2000 Ford F-250 Superduty with the 7.3 Powerstroke. It has almost 200,000 miles on it and I tow my Jeep on a trailer with a 2000lb camper in the bed of the truck. I have made many trips through the mountains with this setup with no catastrophic failures.
GNJEEPN is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05562 seconds with 20 queries